A Final Word

Todd Goodman tsg at bonedaddy.net
Thu Jul 30 13:53:21 CDT 2015

* Steven Landon <slandon110 at gmail.com> [150730 13:59]:
> This is my final word
>
> I was recently banned from #classiccmp for selling a machine that was my
> own,  I picked it up for someone else who hadnt paid me for it,  sat in
> my closet for a year now.  Hadnt heard from that person,  tried
> contacting them,  to no avail,  I listed it on ebay the other day,  only
> to wake up to find that I had been banned from #classiccmp for listing
> that machine.   As far as I know its not against the rules to sell my
> own personal property.  I was finally able to get a hold of the person
> who wanted it and he still does.  I am currently arranging a way for him
> to get it.
>

>   I know many of you hate me because im this horrible evil scammer
> pedophile,  or thats what you think.  Common sense says that if I was a
> horrible pedophile,  I wouldnt have joint custody of my son, But I do.
> Because of what was posted online over the years. Yes I scammed over 10
> years ago,  thats in the past,  Im not a bad person nor a pedophile.
> People do change you know.   Im a hardworking person who tries his
> hardest to take care of his kid and family.    Yes I enjoy computers.. I
> enjoy fixing them up and finding them homes.
>
> I've been treated terrible in this scene by a number of people. calling
> me names,  you name it.   I attended VCF 3 years in a row, Had a
> blast.     This year I will not be attending due to the sheer number of
> threats I have received.   I really wanted to bring my son this year.
> Hes 10.  It would have been fun to share this with him. We really wanted
> to have a ccmp display during the 2016 Telephone show here in Michigan
> as well,  and you all would have been welcome to come.
>

> But if you guy's don't want me in this scene just simply say so, and Ill
> quietly disappear.
>

> Thank you for your time and Good Day

I've never read or heard anyone call you a "horrible evil scammer
pedophile."  Nor have I heard any threats made against you (and
certainly not your son.)

But you're certainly a thief.  Many consider depriving people of their
hard earned money as horrible and evil.

It has not been ten years since you scammed people as you promised to
refund the rest of the money owed to me after last years VCFMW and you
never did so.

I was due the money because you took money from me for shipping and then
never shipped the items and didn't refund the money.  Your whole
solution was that I could drive hundeds of miles to pick up items I had
already paid you to ship (with you keeping the shipping money as well.)

These are all facts.  No name calling.

Personally I had thought you were trying to turn over a new leaf, but
that wasn't the case.  I doubt you are now either.  You're certainly not
the poor martyred saint you're trying to make yourself out to be.

I've had great luck dealing with people in my hobbies including vintage
computing.  Almost all are trustworthy and act as members of the
collecting community.

You do not and the community would be better if you were to "quietly
disappear."

You've made your bed by your admitted scamming people ten years ago (and
by the facts which show you're still at it.)

Todd