Collectors pay big money for old tech

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 03:12:51 CDT 2015

Well ...  some things   really are not  more  expensive... the money is
just  worth  less
back  when I used to buy pdp-8 computers  for 100-200  dollars  ... like
24+ years ago  cars were a bunch  cheaper  too  by far....

There are  some things   that went  crazy  like  the Apple I but there is
still a lot  of  interesting things around  especially if  you are willing to
 go out to sales  and scrap  yards etc.

Then remember there is the 'art' of anticipating what will be considered a
classic or totally cool  and  grab some  on the time line   point of  near
obsolescence  and when others  finally figure out  it is cool...
Two computers come to mind on that   for us  was   Cobalt  cube ( got a
cobalt  rack  unit to keep it company  too) and a Next  cube system

Ed# _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 6/13/2015 12:24:00 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,