First VAX-11/730 VMS Boot! (was: Re: VAX-11/730 %BOOT-F-Unexpected Machine Check)

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Jun 14 15:11:45 CDT 2015

Cable is routed now. Instead of routing it out the bottom of the cage and letting it mingle with the ribbon cables, I routed it over the top, out through the power supply area, and then along the folding gantry that the power inlet and power control cables are strapped to. Time to see if it'll talk to my modern machines now!

On Jun 14, 2015, at 12:38, Mouse <mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG> wrote:

> That might be a good approach.  The DELUA end of the cable has a Berg connec$

(Please try to avoid paragraph-length lines.)

Sorry about that. Mail readers these days don't always play nice with traditional text-based ones. I use the Mail apps provided with OS X and iOS, and they offer limited configurability. I do select plain text mode by default, but there's no setting for line length. I believe that readers these days assume that other readers will line-wrap.

Very good discussion of cable length vs. bit wavelength!

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/