Front Panel Tech Note 2

Kyle Owen kylevowen at
Mon Jun 15 08:17:11 CDT 2015

On Jun 15, 2015 9:11 AM, "Noel Chiappa" <jnc at> wrote:
> I'm not sure what the official DEC name is for the plastic lever which
> actuates the slide switch - anyone know?

I hear them referred to as handles.

> PS: If a way is developed to make the plastic levers, the 11/20 uses the
> exact same part, just in PDP-11 colours.

They've been 3D printed with the sintered nylon process, dyed and polished
with good results thanks to the efforts of Vince Slyngstad. I'm not sure if
Vince also did the model of it or had some help, but I'm quite satisfied
with mine mechanically speaking, though the yellow is a little light for my
8/E. Maybe some of the 11/20 colors would turn out better.


More information about the cctalk mailing list