Vaxstation 4000/60 autoboot

Richard Loken richardlo at admin.athabascau.ca
Mon Jun 15 12:35:19 CDT 2015

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015, Marco Rauhut wrote:

> In this configutarion the system starts into SYSBOOT>.
> There i have to give the command CONTINUE to boot VMS.
> Is there any way to overide then CONTINUE command?

It sounds like your system defaults to a conversational boot which is, as
far as I recall, set by setting the least significant bit in register 5

>>> boot /r5=1

Usually, unless you are booting stand alone backup or are a cluster member,
the machine should boot with register 5 set to 0 and you only set it to 1
if you want to do a conversational boot.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn