Altos ACS 8000-15A

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Mon Jun 15 15:52:36 CDT 2015

Found a single 2716 EPROM on the Altos and pulled it out and read it in with my MiniPro TL866CS and it comes back as entirely 00. Since that seemed pretty odd I grabbed another 2716 out of an old Nintendo board and it reads fine, so I'm pretty sure the TL866CS can read 2716.

I have a feeling the Altos isn't going to work without proper data on the EPROM. :-) I guest the first challenge is getting a copy of what the ROM is supposed to contain, and the second will be burning it. Anyone happen to have an image of the ROM for an Altos 8500 board?

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com