OT: learner kits (was: Re: using new technology on old machines)

Steve Algernon salgernon at me.com
Sat Jun 20 13:38:07 CDT 2015

Its pricy, but my 3 and 7 year olds get a kick out of:

http://littlebits.cc

If you watch on eBay, there's a lot of the individual components and kits showing up after radio shack fire sales.

My kids don't really understand what's going on except that in some ways they are obviously learning about feedback from, eg, retarding the movement of a servo causing voltage changes across the rest of the circuit, causing wobble in the audio oscillator...   Meh, and it keeps them busy, without too much work on my part.

Oh, early happy Father's Day where applicable.

Sent from my iPhone