UNIBUS extension card/cable sets Was: Looking for info on National Semiconductor RAM board (VAX 11/730)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Jun 22 10:09:38 CDT 2015

    > From: tony duell

    > a 'Unibus Out', you can plug a Unibus cable in there to link to an
    > expansion box. The official way involved special dual-height cards at
    > each end with 3 40-way Berg-type cables linking them.

So I'm trying to look into this (BC11 cables being unobtainium these days, at
least at prices which are less their weight in gold).

I see 'three' different kinds of 'UNIBUS to cables' cards listed:

 M9014	UNIBUS to 3 H854s
 M9015	3 H854s to UNIBUS
 M9031	UNIBUS to 3 3M cables for 11/74
 M9042	UNIBUS to 3 H854, Dual

I assume the M9014/M9015 are a pair, one used at the start of the cable, and
one at the end?

Does anyone know the difference between these three, and is my guess about the
M9014/M9015 being a pair correct? (I did look for documentation to answer
these, but couldn't find any - although maybe I didn't look in the right places.)


More information about the cctalk mailing list