[RANT]False Beeprog. AGAIN.

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 11:32:18 CDT 2015

They have deliberately damaged it. If using software you don't own is THEFT as the various copyright organizations want us to believe then this is Criminal Damage and Vandalism.
This backfired badly on FTDI ....

> It depends.  If the failure is an accidental side effect of a failed attempt to talk
> to the device, that’s excusable.  If the code goes out of its way to disable the
> device, it is not.  It’s a bit like bringing your Ford to a Chevy garage.  A result
> of “I can’t fix that” is fine.  Having the technicians pull out the spark plugs and
> say “ok, here is your car back” is not.
>

> > Do you also try to install OS-X on a DELL laptop, and claim that it's
> > Apples fault that your DELL machine don't work? (God knows what
> > interesting things might happen if you actually try this...)

Pretty common these days...

http://www.macworld.com/article/1140818/hackbook.html

> Most likely it will detect the wrong hardware and simply say “not supported”
> and stop.  But it won’t wipe the device BIOS in retaliation.
>
> 	paul

Dave
G4UGM