[RANT]False Beeprog. AGAIN.

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Tue Jun 23 14:01:13 CDT 2015

On 2015-06-23 18:41, Alexandre Souza wrote:
>> But unless I misunderstood things, the software merely does a check if
>> the hardware looks sane, and if not it displays a message saying that
>> this is the wrong hardware, and it refuses to continue running.
>
>     No Johnny. As I said, it bricks (renders inoperable) your hardware
> if it isn't original.

Yes. The software refuses to run, and just displays a message that you
are running on fake hardware.
Does that prevent you from loading some other software on said device?
How did you get the "broken" software on the device?

There is a difference between refusing to run, and trying to destroy the
hardware.

	Johnny