[RANT]False Beeprog. AGAIN.

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jun 23 15:05:03 CDT 2015

On 06/23/2015 12:03 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> What is in the NVRAM? And how did it get there in the first place? Are
> you saying that it is impossible to reprogram the device with some other
> firmware after you have tried the version Elnec have which detects your
> clone?

It's possible, but as I understand it, reprogramming involves using a
PICKit programming tool, something not everyone has access to.  The
point is that prior to Elnec doing their little act of revenge, the
clone programmer worked just fine.  Afterwards, not so much.

Perhaps an analogy might be deflating all 4 tires and the spare on your
neighbor's car because he borrowed your lawnmower and won't return it.
Do you have a beef?  Sure, you do.  Can you vandalize (in a
non-destructive way) his property because you have a beef?  Most
law-enforcement people would take a dim view of this.

--Chuck