organizing a trip to Cuba

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Tue Jun 23 21:24:35 CDT 2015

On 2015-06-24 02:06, Mark J. Blair wrote:

>> On Jun 23, 2015, at 09:32 , Holm Tiffe <holm at freibergnet.de> wrote:
>>
>> 1)
>> Yes they copied the PDP11 and the VAX.... but, They made an VAX Chip that's
>> compatible to the VAX730...and we all know that the VAX730 ist not an one
>> chip solution as the russian chip is.
>
> Ooh! Is there any chance I could get my hands on one of those single-chip VAX730 "clone" machines? That sounds quite cool.

Well, unless I'm mistaken, when the Russian VAX-11/730 on a chip came,
DEC had already produced the uVAX II, which is also just a chip, but
much faster than an 11/730, so it's not exactly as if the Russians were
outperforming what DEC was doing... Exactly when did this Russian chip
come out, by the way? Curious on exactly how far DEC had come at the
time of that chip. :-)

	Johnny