Advice Requested on Life Expectancy of a PC Windows System

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 12:17:30 CDT 2015

(Or
> use the VM converter mentioned earlier if that's a suitable choice).

Can I say that VMware Player is IMHO the best reason to upgrade to Windows/7
64-bit.

I have a "Core I5 2500" with 4 Cores @ 3.6GHz and 12Gb or RAM. I bought this
box because I wanted to run the Hercules emulator and that can use the CPUs
and RAM...
However with the aid of VMware or Virtual Box I can run a host of VM's,
including DOS and Windows 95 , multiple Turnkey Linux systems for playing
around with Drupal, WordPress and Joomla among other things.
.. its really great fun.... Only OS/2 is a little truculent....

Most things can be run virtual, there are one or two things that don't work,
but on the whole its fine. Even my Printer Port JTAG programmer works fine
with XP in a VM....