Recommendation for a PROM burner

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:08:36 CDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Stephen Lafferty <steve at tronola.com> wrote:
>> You won't find ANYTHING that supports 1702 devices...
>
> --- This article presents a simple 1702 programmer you can build:
> http://www.tronola.com/html/1702a_prom_programmer.html

Nice!  I have a board of 1702s I picked up long ago, probably from a
surplus place on High St before it became our hipster gallery
district.  The edge card fingers were already chopped off (I think it
was a board from a local company, Accuray, now owned by ABB Process
Automation) but it's a pad of 2x4 1702s in sockets, ready for new
code.  I might even have an old 70s micro that _needs_ a 1702. I
certainly have a couple of 4004s, and those play nice together ISTR
(PMOS).

Thanks!

-ethan