Wanted: PDP-11 Unibus Ethernet interface from Xerox, c. 1981

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Mon Mar 30 20:26:21 CDT 2015

Long story short:  It turns out that SAIL, the DEC-1080 running WAITS at
the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, did not use the MEIS
(Massbus-Ethernet Interface Subsystem) for Ethernet connectivity, but rather
a Unibus card from Xerox (apparently used to hook -11s to D-machines) which
went into the front end 11/40 on the KL-10.

So:  Does anyone on the list have such a device, and are you willing to part
with it?  Or to loan it for reverse engineering?  Or do you know someone who
has one who does not read ClassicCmp?

Please contact me off-list.  I've directed Outlook to set the Reply-to: field,
but who knows if it listens, or if the list software will leave it in place.

Thanks,
Rich

Rich Alderson
Sr. Systems Engineer