Wanted: PDP-11 Unibus Ethernet interface from Xerox, c. 1981

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Mar 31 09:23:47 CDT 2015

    > From: Al Kossow

    > I have several of them.

Wow. I'm totally stunned! Do you have any 3-Mbit transceivers to go with them?

If you (or anyone) need, I can provide old code for an IP/PUP router to
connect a 3-Mbit Ethernet to a 10-Mbit (if you want to put, say, an Alto on
the Internet - not sure if they ever did a 10-Mbit card for the Altos). It
would need either a UNIBUS 11, or a QBUS 11 and a QBUS->UNIBUS converter. (The
DEC one is UNIBUS->QBUS, so would not help us.)

    > Anyone still have Unibus Chaosnet cards?

Another rara avis! (I don't remember if they ever made any QBUS ones.)

	Noel