TD Systems TDL-11 QBUS (SCSI?) card

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sun May 3 02:00:51 CDT 2015

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 10:41 PM, Seth Morabito <lists at loomcom.com> wrote:

> A great idea, and yes I do. I've made dumps of the ROM (an Intel 2764)
> here:
>
> http://www.loomcom.com/retrocomputing/pdp11/tdl11/
>
> The ROM is simply labelled "IAX 3.2". I ran `strings` on it and it
> confirms there is some kind of utility intended for SCSI, and there
> appears to be RL01 and RL02 support, so maybe it's more like the
> TDL-12 than I thought it was!
>

>From a very quick look at the TDL-11 firmware dump I can see some
similarities to the TDL-12 firmware. In particular I can see some
binary data that would be DMA'd into the PDP-11 host memory that would
be executed as the host side communication channel to the TDL-11 on
board configuration utility.

I would have to spend more time disassembling the firmware to try to
figure out what triggers it to DMA that code into the PDP-11 host
memory and then start the execution of the configuration utility.