VAX/VMS 5.1A documentation set to give away

Richard Loken richardlo at admin.athabascau.ca
Tue May 5 11:50:14 CDT 2015

On Mon, 4 May 2015, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

> > I have been asked to dispose of the VMS version 5 documentation set in my
> > office.  This consists of 40 grey binders and all their contents.
>
> But now what will you use to beat the web weenies down the hall?!

I have three VMS Alphas beside my desk.  The AS4100 is down until I find the
time to fix the depraved RTC chip, the AS400 is under powered crock with
inadaquate memory, but the AS500 is alive and well and running VMS 8.3 on
which I am typing this very epistle.  I have a coplete VMS 7.1 Doc set at
home and it is perfect bound so it takes up a lot less space than the grey
wall.

RWA was shocked that I proposed to recycle the grey wall and suggested that
I put it in his museum down the hall - below the pdp8/e front panel,
across from the Sun 4 CPU board, and slightly to the right of the ASR33
salvaged out of the Las Vegas IMP.  He also has the vacuum tube IBM module
that I picked up from some forgotten place.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn