RT11 / RSTS-E games

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Fri May 8 11:22:50 CDT 2015

On May 8, 2015, at 8:27 AM, "John H. Reinhardt" <johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> This is more in the vein of RSTS/E and VAX-11 games but
> does anyone have a copy of the Dan Lawrence DND?  It
> used to be hosted on <http://dnd.lunaticsworld.com/> but that site's
> server crashed and the files were lost and the ownder did
> not allow the Wayback to archive it.
>
> I wasted so much time on that at school at
> Rose-Hulman.  A Rose student also did a lot of
> modifications to our copy. I had a tape with it once but it
> was destroyed by accident.

Is that the one Dan Day worked on?  I'm pretty sure he did that
before I got there, but as I remember the story, he played the
game and got to the point where there wasn't really an endgame.
So he wrote a FORTRAN decompiler to turn the binary into source
that he could modify, wrote an endgame, and then recompiled
the results.

BLS