8-bit Computer TV Channel Use

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon May 25 12:32:44 CDT 2015

> On May 25, 2015, at 10:10, tony duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>> Hopefully one of them will work for you.
>>
>> If you would like to purchase hundreds of converters to catalog which ones work with each screwball vintage
>> computer, I will welcome the data.
>
> And then keep on purchasing and evaluating these converters so that when they are updated to use the latest
> cheapest IC, you know which ones still work with which machines.

Ah, that's a good point! The innards of these sorts of products change at the drop of a hat, and I've seen reports of that coin-op video converter being a bit of a pig in a poke in particular depending on the firmware version, whether it's a knock-off, etc. I've also encountered this issue cropping up in ordinary mass-market items, i.e. new purchases of a product suddenly quit working with Linux because the innards got swapped out without any change in the packaging or SKU to indicate that the old drivers won't work any more.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/