RMS [was Re: Terminology [was RE: IBM z890]]

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Nov 4 11:05:10 CST 2015

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015, Paul Koning wrote:
> No, it could not be.  It could be trademark infringement if the term in question was considered a trademark by its originator, but terms like the ones we've been talking about have never been trademarks.

Sarcasm is not obvious??
The lack of emoticons is why people today only see children's stories in
Gulliver's Travels, instead of the nasty social commentary.

My comment was not a serious question about the LAW.  It was about the
idiocy of creating a new set of names for parts that were the same, by
each manufacturer.  And speculating that maybe they were so idiotic that
THEY considered it to be "copyright infringement".
"Hmmm.  What else could we call the keyboard?"

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com