VCF-Berlin, 2015

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Wed Nov 4 13:18:11 CST 2015

From: P Gebhardt
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 8:08 AM

Noel Chiappa wrote:

>> Anyone know what the two indicator panels on top of the large blue box in the
>> center of this one:

>>   ftp://jhoppe.ddns.net/vcfb2105/content/TB8A3377_large.html

>> are? They look to be PDP-10 {something}, given what appear to be two rows of
>> 36 lights on the bottom (although they are hard to see clearly), but I
>> couldn't find a panel like that in my PDP-10 manual.

> If think that the left console panel is from a PDP-15.

I see blue consoles from a PDP-15 and a DECsystem-10 (KI-10).

As for the two panels Noel asked about, I've had a look at the chassis which
are part of our DEC-1070, and have eliminated the following possibilities:

Only 3 rows of lights:
ME10 memory
MF10 memory
TD10 DECtape controller

5 rows of lights:
KI-10 CPU bays
RH10 Massbus interface
DAS33 memory buffer
DL10
DC10

4 rows of lights, but do not match:
RP10C disk controller
DF10C
DA28-C
RC10

Since they're narrow, they're probably something from a KA-10 system, but I
have no idea what.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/