Teletype services

John Ball ball.of.john at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 12:59:03 CST 2015

I've been trying for the past week to verify that telephony on my teletype
machine (model 33) is functioning properly but the biggest hurdle I am
running into is I have nothing to easily dial into. Everyone I know off hand
either don't have a modem anymore or theirs is a Winmodem which won't work.
There's only one phone line into the residence here and those bluetooth to
cellular POTS bridges are too lossy to make do and connect to a machine
here. There is that youtube video of the model 37 apparently connecting to a
system at the Living Computer Museum in 2013 (MikoF6KZjm0) where they dialed
into a BBS I've never seen listed anywhere but the number listed no longer
seems to work and in the description it states the service is no longer
available. What other public systems are still out there that will work this
speed or possibly better yet, is there anyone out there willing to try a
teletype-to-teletype conversation?

-John