Teletype services

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Thu Nov 5 14:44:45 CST 2015

> On Nov 5, 2015, at 12:37 PM, Dale H. Cook <radiotest at juno.com> wrote:
>
> There is strong possibility that one of those bridges might not work. As a rule the bit-reduction used by cellular phones, VOIP phones, and cable-modem phones renders dialup modems useless, unless you are using something like a fax-capable line.

VoIP works fine, it's how I run my BBS. I've had calls connect from 300 to 33600. I've got no analog land line, the modem is connected to an Asterisk PBX.

http://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/230/using-modems-without-phone-lines

I have had absolutely no luck getting modems to connect by sending audio through a cell phone though.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com