VT100 - FUN

rod rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 10 01:52:51 CST 2015

Hi Guys
            Going back to the days when I worked in marketing in DEC
Park (Then new ,now demolished)
I had a VT100 on my desk. We all did, email, word processing graphics
and so on.
Now there was one interesting but little known VT100 feature. On the
back it had two BNC connectors.
They were for video in and out. You could sync the VT100  to a feed of
mono video and the overlaid
picture would appear on the screen and at the video out connector.

The only secret was you had to set it for 50Hz .
One of my hobbies then (still is now) was Amateur TV (a branch of ham
radio.)
I had built my own TV camera (we all did). I'd made it small and light
to go portable with.

So I took it to the office early one morning hid it in my gray wall (VMS
manuals) and got it going.
I pointed it down the (very) open plan office and went off to my first
meeting.

It worked, when I got back there was a gaggle of  very  bemused people
looking at the screen.

Rod Smallwood