VT100 - FUN

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 09:42:15 CST 2015

> They were for video in and out. You could sync the VT100  to a feed of
> mono video and the overlaid
> picture would appear on the screen and at the video out connector.

Actually, I beleive (confirmed by the VT100 tech manual and schematics)
that you have to sync the external video to the VT100 and not the other
way round. In other words, you take the signal from the Video Out socket,
extract the sync, then use that to sync the video source (camera or whatever)
that you feed into the Video In socket

> The only secret was you had to set it for 50Hz .

It works perfectly well with the VT100 set to 60Hz, provided that is the vertical
rate of the external video source.

-tony