x86/DOS system backup via rs232?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 10:47:16 CST 2015

On 11/14/2015 06:12 PM, william degnan wrote:
> I have a copy of the laplink software should anyone need it.  If the cable
> for parallel is just a null modem I suggest a person in this hobby
> definitely add laplink to the bag of tricks available.  You just fire it up
> on both ends ll.exe ...  and you'll see a directory tree of target  machine
> on the right, the source machine on the left.  Pick files and copy.  Copies
> recursively etc.

Hmm, is there no driver to let you map a directory on one machine to a
drive letter on the other? (and if not, is anyone aware of independent
software to do this?).

I think that's probably what I really need, rather than some browser tool,
then I can write my own code if needs be to transfer data (to potentially
work around problems with corrupted filesystems, marginal sectors etc. on
ailing drives)

Laplink cable wired up now. Might get time today to try it out...

cheers

Jules