flash (or ide) storage for unibus 11?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Nov 25 15:35:19 CST 2015

    > From: Toby Thain

    > it would be easy to interface to a board exposing such USB features
    > *from a separate Linux system* - because of that driver.

Ah, OK - I'm so used to people putting Linux on the embedded processor in
their rice cooker that, not clearly understanding what was being talked
about, I assumed it was wanted to run Linux on the uC.

Still, I guess I don't really see the value in making the QSIC, or some
things plugged into it, 'available' from some other machine. AFAIAC, it's
only a peripheral to the PDP-11.

    > I did end up studying MSCP ... in some detail though.

Ah, we'll put you in charge of implementing the MSCP controller emulations,
then! :-) (Those are something I oersonally have no interest in, but I can
see a viable case for doing them.)

	Noel