Computers in Election Vigils - take two

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Oct 8 18:48:53 CDT 2015

On 10/08/2015 01:44 PM, Mattis Lind wrote:
> Unfortunately SVT Öppet Arkiv is not available to anyone outside
> Sweden, which is a pity. A great source.
>
> This interest for computers and election vigils come from the fact
> that I had a email conversation with a person that was involved when
> DEC won the contract to for the election in 1976 in Sweden for SVT.
> He was involved in adapting the VT30 system for TV use. Genlock and
> stuff.
>
> I found three clips in Öppet Arkiv which I trimmed down heavily.
> These shows tend to be quite long anyhow. I hope SVT is not getting
> mad now.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoFM3hfbic

Interesting.  Anent that, here's a nice article about the use of
computers in a US Presidential election in 1952:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2012/10/31/163951263/the-night-a-computer-predicted-the-next-president

I wonder if there aren't still some congressional districts where votes
are counted by hand in the US.

--Chuck