Source for 3M Bumpons

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Oct 13 00:40:33 CDT 2015

> On Oct 12, 2015, at 22:13, Ali <cctalk at fahimi.net> wrote:
>
>> www.digikey.com
>
> Mark,
>
> I was only able to find them by the box at Digikey. Do they sell them in
> lower quantities? Thanks.

Ah, I think I see the problem. They sell the ones they stock in small quantities. The ones with the huge minimum order quantities are non-stocked variants that they would need to special order from 3M, and even 3M might not stock those variants on the shelves. So a big minimum order would be needed for 3M to fire up the machines for a production run. I didn't research the part numbers you are looking for carefully before making my suggestion. Sorry about that!

For example, the SJ5780 is a metric size. Looking at Digi-Key, Mouser and McMaster-Carr, it looks like inch sizes are much more commonly stocked here in the US.

You may have a much shorter search if you might be satisfied with similar functional replacements rather than exact ones. But maybe you'll get lucky, and somebody will point out that the ones you want are common variants in some other region, and you just need to order from an overseas Digi-Key equivalent?

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/