New logo: Vintage Computer Federation

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Oct 14 15:47:53 CDT 2015

On 10/14/2015 12:48 PM, Rod Smallwood wrote:
> I have in front of me my copy of the TTL databook for Design
> Engineers Its dated 1973. Its full of 74 series logic.

I have in front of me, the big thick brown "The Microelectronics Data
Book" from Motorola, dated 1969.  There were already several families of
TTL: 5400/7400 (which I assume are copies of the TI SN54/74xx devices).
MHTL,   MTTL I, II and III (MC500, 2100, 3100 devices), and the MTTL
Complex Functions (MC4000 series; 16-bit memory, decoders, parity tree,
quad flip-flop).

By 1969, there were imitations of the TI line as well as quite a bit of
diversity.  TTL takes up fully half of the book, with DTL, RTL and ECL
bringing up the rear.

--Chuck