nut bars? ;)

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Thu Oct 15 20:57:09 CDT 2015

On 10/15/2015 03:36 PM, Jay West wrote:
> HAH!
>
> The DG documentation does call them "Nut Bars" :P
>
> "threaded rail" seems to be something different according to google, but it
> yields "threaded insert" which is close if not exact. Still googling...

There were some systems, like Vector configurable card cages
and VME systems that had extruded rails with nuts that could
slide to where you wanted them.  These had real nuts (either
hex or square) slipped into the rails.  Boards or connectors
could be screwed into the nuts.  Threaded rail sounds to me
like the threads are permanently drilled and tapped to
specific positions in the rail.

Jon