Model 28 Teletype on ebay

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 03:58:49 CDT 2015

There are two units. One is a "reperforator" so it should have a tape reader
and punch, but may not have a transmitter so it may only work in parrallel

> Anyway, if I understood correctly, it was possible (and possibly done in
the
> 1970s by hobbyists) to convert one of these baudot teletypes to ASCII and
> use with a computer?

No, the computer used to convert the ASCII to Baudot in special i/o
routines.

> This one is out of my reach since the auction is pick up
> only.  But I kind of like the look of the Model 28 and I understand
they're
> pretty bulletproof once you have them working.  I'm just not sure if this
> would work, and if this particular one is ASR or what, because it mentions
> reperforator and from what I read 28s that came with that had a tape
reader
> also?

See above.

> Brad

Dave
G4UGM
p.s. some had a 28 free for collection on the Greenkeys list some time
ago...