KIM Uno /PiDP-11 plans...

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Fri Oct 23 10:27:29 CDT 2015

On 2015-10-23 14:39, Dave G4UGM wrote:
> I think that the switches can be found, but they might be expensive. I have
> a few that I used on recent project.
> What I found hard was obtaining centre off switches as it appear from this
> picture:-
>
> http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?46651-hi-PDP-11-45-fo
> und-at-Attic-What-is-this
>
> that PDP-11 Switches may be flipped up or down, or is that not true?

Not sure what you mean by that. The switches only have two positions,
though. They are either in the down position, or in the up position.
Some were spring-loaded and returned to the original position when you
let go of them.

However, if you were to consider all the switches in one line as being a
neutral line, most switches moved up from that position, while a few
moved down. Think of them as being mounted upside down, perhaps?

	Johnny