Retro Reproduction.

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Oct 23 13:57:12 CDT 2015

> On Oct 23, 2015, at 2:48 PM, ben <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:

> It does seem mechanical stuff is dieing art.

I don't know about that.  It's a different crows than the one that hangs out here, for the most part.  But mechanical innovation is alive and well (consider Boberg for example).  And there's 3d printing.  And there definitely are people who can use machine tools to build amazing stuff.  Give them a few pieces of steel or brass and a bunch of time, and they'll hand you a fully finished model airplane engine, for example.

I have not just old computers but an old lathe, too.  Not that I'm much good with it, but I know a few of the basics...

	paul