Retro Reproduction.

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Oct 23 15:49:18 CDT 2015

On 10/23/2015 01:57 PM, Paul Koning wrote:
>> On Oct 23, 2015, at 2:48 PM, ben <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:

>> It does seem mechanical stuff is dieing art.
> I don't know about that.
Yes, there is an open-source project that provides a CNC
machine control for mill, lathes, hexapods and robots.  That
is LinuxCNC. It started as a NIST project to see what was so
complicated in a CNC control, but then moved out of NIST and
has been extended greatly. it is also now being used for 3D
printers.

I sell some hardware for motion control based on this
software, and have sold over 300 controller-interfaces.

Some other outfits likely have sold a lot more than that.
Most of this is going into hobby shops and small businesses
that maybe grew out of a hobby shop.

Also, I am a member of an Atlas lathe group and the Sheldon
lathe group, they both have a fairly large membership.  The
Atlas lathe group is closing in on 6000 members!

Jon