Retro Reproduction 2

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Fri Oct 23 22:37:49 CDT 2015

On 10/23/2015 6:43 PM, Mike Ross wrote:

> 1. A replacement perspex for a pdp-12; damaged in shipping :-(

If you mean the plexiglass for the console, I might be able to help with
that.  I thought at one point I was going to get an entire PDP-12 from
U. Wisconsin Comm. Arts, but when I showed up on the appointed day, it
had been dismantled - but I did get the backplanes with cards, and the
console, more or less intact, and the VR14 - just no racks or power
supply, RK05's (including their controller) or TU56.   [I later obtained
and still have an entire PDP-12].  Unlike sending a DG terminal to NZ or
OZ, I suspect this would be more  manageable.

The IBM 1401 and 1410 and many other machines had plastic display panels
at various places - and even the main console - that allowed a lamp to
shine through at the desired places in front of lights, not unlike what
DEC did.

JRJ