Oddball question: really small terminals

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sun Oct 25 10:29:36 CDT 2015

On 10/24/2015 08:54 PM, Mike Ross wrote:
> For reasons too abstruse to explain in detail I'm on the lookout for
> terminals that are, physically, really small - especially serial and
> coax 3270, and possibly twinax 5250.

I had a thing that was apparently used in France and maybe
Canada for telephone directory lookup and similar uses.  I
believe it was called a Minitel.  It had a TINY CRT screen,
maybe 5 x 7".  It used a standard 40-pin microprocessor and
other standard parts.  I junked mine because it would
randomly reset every minute or so, and I didn't really have
a use for it.  I think mine was smaller than the one in the
Wikipedia article, but it did look similar to that. There
are some on eBay, but they are all from France and Belgium.
Interface was pure serial RS-232.

Jon