Couplers for Sun DB13W3<->VGA DE15 adapter

Eric Christopherson echristopherson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 16:28:58 CDT 2015

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Joseph Lang <joe.lang.0000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 4-40 is the correct size. I would remove the jack screws on one side and
> replace with sockets. If you use standoffs the screws May bottom out too
> soon.

Could you explain that in more detail? I'm not aware of "sockets" except as
the tools that are used for turning hex nuts; is there a kind of socket
that actually gets installed on a bolt?

And I'm not sure what you mean about bottoming out. You just mean there
wouldn't be enough length of thread to fit both male ends securely?

--
        Eric Christopherson