Model 152 PSU dummy loads - Re: NeXT Cube - powers on briefly then off again

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Mon Oct 26 08:43:28 CDT 2015

On 2015-10-26 1:02 AM, Brian Archer wrote:
> Even a 10W resistor will get really hot. I embed two 5W resistors into a
> pentium class CPU cooler for a good compromise on space/thermal concerns.
> You can see a pic on my site here:
> http://asterontech.com/Asterontech/next_adb_conversion.html

Hi Brian

I did see your mod while looking around for info.

I'd prefer not to mod the soundbox so my options seem to be your
internal backplane load board (
http://www.nextcomputers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3616&highlight=load+board
) or maybe a small load board inline to the monitor cable?

It looks like ambient cooling is sufficient for the version shown here?

Thanks very much for the excellent info you've posted so far!

--Toby