Model 152 PSU dummy loads - Re: NeXT Cube - powers on briefly then off again

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Oct 26 09:27:35 CDT 2015

> On Oct 26, 2015, at 9:43 AM, Toby Thain <toby at telegraphics.com.au> wrote:
>
> On 2015-10-26 1:02 AM, Brian Archer wrote:
>> Even a 10W resistor will get really hot. I embed two 5W resistors into a
>> pentium class CPU cooler for a good compromise on space/thermal concerns.

My favorite low tech dummy load is the one my father came up with: a couple of resistors (carbon composite is best, carbon film or metal film will do), 1-2 watt size, in a jar filled with water.  Works just fine for 100 watts or so, and is useable not just for power supplies but for HF transmitter testing.

	paul