PET mono screens

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 08:10:31 CDT 2015

Hi folks,

ROM problems aside does anyone know of a way I can test the actual CRT?
Last night I borrowed the screen from another PET just to see if I get a
garbage pattern from the board I'm repairing, but this one stays similarly
dark so I need to sanity check both of them.

Back when I was fixing my broken TRS80s I could use the CRT from a B&W TV,
is there anything oddball about the PET CRT that would stop me going the
other way and putting the tube in one of my spare TVs?

Ta!

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?