The last fix for a "All Shook Up" 33

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Oct 27 13:16:08 CDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 10:58 AM, Guy Sotomayor wrote:

> Another alternative that I’ve used prior to expanding foam packages
> is to use foam padding.  Again you want to fill up *all* the space so
> that the item can’t move.

I like to use extruded polystyrene insulation panels.  Here it's
available from most home improvement stores in 8' x 2' or 4' sizes and
up to 2" thick.  Basically score-and-snap and very tough stuff--not
given to making "crumbs" either.  I build a "box within a box" for heavy
items and firmly brace whatever I'm sending so that neither it, nor any
component parts can move in transit.  Double-walled corrugated
cardboard, as mentioned reinforced, if necessary by 1/4" plywood.

I suspect that polyiso insulation board would work as well, but I've
never tried it.

--Chuck