Front Panels - Thoughts

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 03:45:34 CDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 7:32 PM, rod <rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>          Sitting here doing the overlays for the 8/e silk screen run.
> I had a thought. Including all makes of computer old and new.
> What about a front panel with lights and switches for systems
> that never had one and could have done with one?
> Which computer would you nominate?
>
> I'm not about to do anything about it.
> But the answers should be interesting

Don't know if you're aware, but this may be interesting and relevant:

http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/Panda.htm

A real panel (albeit very basic) for an emulated machine.

A real panel for Hercules would be a very interesting prospect. You
could build a panel for a machine which never even existed, which only
exists in emulated form: the System/380:

http://mvs380.sourceforge.net

If anyone does build one, and it's any good, I'll buy seven!

Mike