Problem with RF73 DSSI disk

js at cimmeri.com js at cimmeri.com
Sat Sep 5 11:13:25 CDT 2015

On 9/5/2015 8:02 AM, Mouse wrote:
>> I think it where much more helpful to answer things like "Sorry don't
>> know, never had todo with that", vs.  simply saying nothing at all,
>> leaving the man that looks for help alone.
> As a bystander, I would much rather see silence than some forty or
> fifty "sorry, don't know anything about that" responses flooding the
> list after every request for help.

I couldn't agree more, Mouse!  lol.

Holm, dude!   I'm not speaking for
others, of course, but it is bothersome
*to me* when someone posts to this list
(or any other helpful list) with an air
of entitlement and expectation that
people are going to *immediately*
provide *insane amounts* of spot-on
support for whatever their problem is
(no matter how esoteric), or even
respond at all.      All responses are
voluntary -- and we should all be
gracious and thankful for *anything we
get*.. and certainly not disparage the
list if we get nothing.

Nothing is OWED to ANYONE.

Yet, in this regard, there are worse
transgressions than Holm's faux pas.
Some people seem to believe that these
lists are staffed with paid technicians;
they exert almost no effort in
describing their system or situation or
question ("How do I boot my S-100
system?"), yet they seem to expect pages
written back; and even more remarkably,
some even give little to no thanks when
it's all done.

It's a testament to the enormous