Tu10 pdp11

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Sat Sep 5 20:54:31 CDT 2015

On 9/5/2015 10:40 AM, william degnan wrote:

> Ok.  I checked my tu10, it has the backplane, it is a master.  I see where
> it connects using the backplane cable to the pdp11.  I never worked with a
> TU10 before and I was looking to see if references to the tm11 were
> "module/card" or backplane interface.  I surprisingly found little
> commentary or threads about the TU10 / TM11,  other than DEC docs.  I guess
> these are not super common or people who have them have not often reached
> out to the classic cmp community, that I could find in a search.
>
> Bill Degnan
> twitter: billdeg
> vintagecomputer.net
> On Sep 5, 2015 3:37 AM, "Eric Smith" <spacewar at gmail.com> wrote:

Just to be clear, a TU10, even a master, does NOT connect directly to a
PDP-11.  Instead, a cable of the same general ilk as a BC11 UNIBUS Cable
(but I have not verified it is in fact the same kind of cable) connects
the drive to the TM11 controller.

The TM11 connects to the PDP-11 UNIBUS.

The TU10 master drive backplane has some "G" cards in it.  The TM11,
mounted separately, does NOT have any "G" cards in it.

JRJ