ISO: Manual for Emulex CS21/H

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Tue Sep 8 18:49:32 CDT 2015

From: Pete Turnbull
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 2:56 PM

> On 08/09/2015 22:17, Josh Dersch wrote:

>> Anyone out there have a manual for the Emulex CS21/H (or possibly the
>> /U variant)?  This is a UNIBUS DH11 clone.  (There are also /FA, /FB,
>> /FC, and /FD variants which are DMF32 clones - and we have the manual
>> for these but it's of no use for our CS21/H boards :)).

>> At the very least, if anyone has the dip switch settings for this,
>> that would be an immense help.

> Not for a CS21/H, but I have the CS11/H tech manual.  I know they're
> contemporary, but presumably different; I have no idea how different.
> The CS11 has four DIP switches:

  [snip]

> I don't know how much, if any, help that is.

Thanks, Pete.  Unfortunately for us, the CS11 and CS21 are very different.
The CS11/H is a DH11+DM11 device, while the CS21 is a DH11 "with DZ11 modem
control" according to the 1982 Emulex parts catalog at Bitsavers (see pages
60 and 65 respectively of http://bitsavers.org/pdf/emulex/1982_catalog_Mar82.pdf).

Best,
Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/