punchcard svg file available

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:34:55 CDT 2015

> Card stock exists in a large number of varieties.  It may be perfectly straightforward if you look in a paper company catalog (the kind that supplies paper to print shops).  For example, with a quick look at Mohawk Paper company I see a dozen different papers.  Picking one of them ("Options") shows a very smooth paper in 13 different thickness specs from .0036 to .0185 inches -- and .0069 is one of the choices listed.

There is much more to it than just thickness.

When I was cleaning out Cardamation and talking to the owners, they
talked about the problems they had when the last mill shut down
punched card stock, and the best solution they came up with just did
not work well. The stock is very much a specialty item, due to its
strict specifications. The mills treated is so special that the
workers making the stuff were paid by how much usable stock they
produced, much to the dislike of the unions. Because of this, the
mills and unions basically said that no amount of money would restart
the lines.

--
Will