internet blocking problem ?

Alexis Kotlowy thrashbarg at kaput.homeunix.org
Thu Sep 10 21:07:40 CDT 2015

On 11/09/2015 11:02 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> I am a member of the Homebuilt CPU web-ring, and a really
> weird problem has turned up.  The guy who administers the
> ring, David Brooks, is in Australia, and uses iinet.net.au
> as his ISP.

iiNet have been outspoken about users' rights and privacy in the face of
the War on Piracy. While they don't condone piracy, they have serious
concerns about the way it's being dealt with (or at least that's my
understanding).

I get the impression some ISP's are blocking access to iiNet. I don't
see how this could do anything other than hurt the end users, but that
seems to be the tactic the content owners have taken in the past so I
wouldn't be surprised.

Can you do a traceroute to members.iinet.net.au? In case DNS is blocked,
the IP address is 203.0.178.90. I've been on iiNet since they bought out
my previous ISP.

Cheers,

Alexis.