internet blocking problem ?

Alexis Kotlowy thrashbarg at kaput.homeunix.org
Thu Sep 10 22:38:59 CDT 2015

On 11/09/2015 12:52 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 09/10/2015 09:07 PM, Alexis Kotlowy wrote:
>> Can you do a traceroute to members.iinet.net.au? In case
>> DNS is blocked, the IP address is 203.0.178.90. I've been
>> on iiNet since they bought out my previous ISP. Cheers,
>> Alexis.
> Traceroute goes out to 30 hops and stops, and I couldn't
> figure out from the man page how to increase it.
>
> Not a DNS problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

I'm poking around with this service:
http://www.cogentco.com/en/network/looking-glass

Probing telstra.com (a major Australian telecommunications company) gets
through, and even iinet.net.au gets through, but members.iinet.net.au
stops as it goes to leave California.

Are you able to reach iinet.net.au?

Alexis.